Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Perfect Present

Today is my sweet, beautiful younger sister's 18th birthday! 


Forever Matching! 


Since we live in a small town and store options are limited, birthday purchases are usually done online. However, this year I opted for a nontraditional approach.
  Presenting the perfect DIY Birthday Present! 
Next year my sister will start college, which means hello new dorm room and redecorating! I'm sure Sarah's room will have a gorgeous colors, textures and organization, but to start her off I thought I would make a little wall decor displaying her Redbird pride! 

Here's how it's done


1. You need:
Square Canvas,
 Acryllic Paint (in school colors)
 State Print Out
Scissors
Pencil
Paper Plate for Paint
Not Pictured: Paint Brushes (don't forget these!)


2. Carefully cut out the print out of your state and slowly trace it on the center of your canvas


2. Paint outside the traced lines your first color, wait for that to dry and apply a second coat.
Then, paint inside the traced state your second colorwait for that to dry and apply a second coat. 



3. After all the paint has dried, draw free hand a heart over your college town. Then, paint inside the heart your first color.

Happy Birthday Sarah!

XO,
hb

2 comments:

  1. i love it! i have similar ones for IN and gA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, I loved your Illinois one back in your freshman dorm... will you finally make me one?! xoxo Lizzie

    ReplyDelete