Monday, June 10, 2013

The Ultimate Friendship Bracelet

Lily and Laura




I used to envy those girls with the one and only, can't live without, been together since diaper, no questions asked, future maid-of-honor, type of best friend. Some of you may know exactly what I'm talking about because you have that friend yourself, and can name her instantly If that's true then that's so awesome and truly special. But since growing up my family moved around every two years up, that role had usually been filled by the time I came around. Although I always had many close friends, sometimes I felt that my relationships weren't as special as the others because of some idyllic picture I had of two best friend babies with bottles, probably goo goo-ing over who knows what because babies can't even talk. 

Summer after 7th grade all that changed. 

I met who is now, my best friend and more. Although we didn't know each other straight outta the womb, I could not be more lucky to have a talk on the phone for six straight hours, teach you how to do laundry, discuss One Tree Hill, bike ridin', late night walkin', partner in crime type of best friend! More importantly then all of that, my best friend and I are unconditionally there for one another.


Summer '11 Leah and me repping our colleges!
Step by step tutorial here!

Although her family moved away summer after Sophomore year of high school to Texas, Leah remains a sense of sanity for me. Periodic phone calls, Skype sessions and letters are common, but last winter break I got to fly and visit her at her Texas A&M Campus. 

When we're together we usually try and get something matching (typical BFF move) and this time we bought Lily and Laura bracelets

These bracelets are amazing, not only because they come in any color imaginable and act as the perfect accessory to any outfit. They also make the best gifts because the money made from these bracelets go to improve the quality of life for woman in Nepal who make them.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lucia, they're my favorite accessory to a summer outfit :) Love your blog!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute post, Hannah! I'm sure Leah is as lucky to have you as you are her :) I've seen these bracelets before and love them! Must get one for my BFF and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lizzie! I just discovered them and just gave one to my mom and sister. We should really plan a Chicago shopping day :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, we should :) I would love that!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Hannah, you ladies are too cute. I am jealous that you have found a bestie. I moved a lot and lost contact with friends and people change too. This bracelet is very cute. thank you for visiting my blog and for the sweet thoughts.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam!! People do change so much, I see that more and more when I revisit high school friends. Visiting your blog is a joy, I loved your white shorts so much! Thanks for your comment, it made my day :)

      Delete
  4. Such cute bracelets, I love the first one. You and your friend are adorable!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is my favorite too, especially because of the orange and blue. (Illinois colors!!!) But thank you so much Yi-chia, I love always Maylee!

      Delete
  5. How am I just now seeing this? I'm crying. You are my favorite person in the world. Thank you for the beautiful words and your incredible friendship. You will truly be my best friend forever! I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK HAN HAN!

    ReplyDelete